Time to get serious...do I really want to be one of those people I sometimes see on TV that are 100+ pounds overweight? NO!
Do I really enjoy living with knees and arches that ache? NO!
Do I really want to continue being the fattest of my sisters...I look into their faces and I see the resemblance of my own yet they don't have issues with weight. I want to set a better example for my children. I never want them, especially my daughters to go through this.
So, today is the first day. I got on the treadmill and did the first day of a couch to 5K running plan. It felt awful...I thought I would get sick...my hands were so swollen my wedding ring hurt! I really can't see how I'll be running 3 miles without walking in 8 weeks. I may not reach that goal. I may have to repeat weeks on the plan but at least it's a goal. If it takes 10 weeks or 12 weeks, so be it but I bet I could be running that 3 miles by Janae's wedding in November. That's the goal. And my sisters (silly people!) think they need to lose 20 lbs by the wedding...even if I lost the 2 lbs a week that's safe to lose I won't be to goal weight by Nov. 20 but I could be a lot closer than I am now.
An article I read at my parents' house spoke of planning meals to be about 400 calories each including a snack. I've been thinking about something like that a long time...it seems doable. This is a life change not a diet. I'm going to want to continue to eat the fabulous meals my husband cooks but I need to make better choices...so maybe I should post my meal logs here...maybe it will keep me more honest about what I'm doing to my body...
*************************************************************
Breakfast: 1/2 banana, 1 serving Cream of Wheat with 1/2 T peanut butter, 8 oz milk
16 oz water multivitamin and iron supplement
Lunch: spinach, bacon, 2 sl low fat, 2 hard boiled eggs, apple, 16 oz water,
Dinner: considering we went to Long John Silver's after A's ballgame, I didn't think there would be many options for me but there was a salmon, rice and veggie dish for 350 calories...I think the thing that got me though was the coleslaw I stole from E...
Exercise: 5 minute warm-up,8 intervals of running 1 minute/walking 90 sec, 5 min cool down followed with stretching
*************************************************************
Now do I actually have the guts to tell others about this blog? What's the point if I don't? So, JB and MA (hopefully you know who you are!!) and NK if you haven't heard about this by the end of the week then I have failed at that goal, too. I don't expect you to respond or anything...just the fact that you may possibly read what I'm up to will be enough.
The blob stops here!
I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me!!!
Amen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment